Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What can wash away my sins?

Jesus said, "those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man...but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man." Mt.15:18 & 20b. It is sad to think that so many people today are careful about washing their clothes and bodies but have neglected their own sin stained hearts. A covering of religion and good works are but mere fig leaves for "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." Isaiah 64:6. After King David had sinned with Bathsheba, he cried unto the Lord, "wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin...wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." Psalm 51:2 & 7b. David was a friend of God and one of the most respected believers in history. But just like you and me, he was a sinner in need of forgiveness. He knew that he was completely unable to cleanse himself and trusted in the Lord. The bible says that Jesus "loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood." Rev. 1:5b. Are you preoccupied with keeping yourself clean on the outside? Only the Lord Jesus Christ can cleanse the sin in your heart. Will you ask him to be your personal savior and be forgiven right now? "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13.

Answer: Nothing but the Blood of Jesus!

No comments: